Cauliflower Soup: This delicious soup can help you stay on the path of healthy eating.
Makes: Four 1-cup servings
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (10-ounce) package frozen cauliflower flowerets or 3-1/2 cups
1 medium potato, peeled and diced (1 cup)
2-1/2 cups low-sodium, low-fat chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white or black pepper
2 teaspoons horseradish
1/2 cup Ensure® Homemade Vanilla Shake*
Chopped chives or parsley, garnish
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil and saute the onions and garlic over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
2. Add the cauliflower, potato, chicken stock, salt, and pepper.
3. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid, and continue to cook at a low simmer for 15 to 18 minutes until vegetables are very tender (fresh cauliflower will take longer to cook).
4. Working in batches, transfer the soup to a food processor or jar of a blender and puree until smooth.
5. Return soup to the pan, add horseradish and the Ensure Homemade Vanilla Shake, and stir until hot. (Do not bring to a boil.)
6. Serve with a sprinkle of chopped chives or parsley.
Freeze small portions of leftover soup individual containers to reheat for a delicious, healthy mini-meal, snack, or appetizer.
Get More Tasty Recipes: FREE Downloadable Book