Cheddar Turkey Quiche
Makes 6 servings
1-8-fl-oz bottle chilled Vanilla Ensure® Enlive®
3 large eggs
1 C light, shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 C chopped, cooked turkey, white meat only (chicken may also be used)
1 C chopped broccoli florets
2 Tbsp chopped onion
½ tsp dried basil leaves
2 13-by-18-inch pieces fillo sheets
Vegetable oil (or cooking spray)
½ tsp chopped chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-in pie pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and Ensure Enlive Shake. Mix well.
- Stir in cheese, turkey, broccoli, onion, and basil.
- Working quickly, lightly, spray with the top of 1 sheet of fillo dough with vegetable oil (or cooking spray).
- Place a second sheet on top of the first.
- Pick up the stack of fillo dough and place it into the center of the prepared pie pan.
- Pinch the edges of the dough to form a crust around the edge of the pie plate.
- Spoon the egg mixture into pie pan. Bake 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Garnish with chives, if desired. Serve warm.