Spinach Artichoke Dip
Makes 16 servings
1 8-fl-oz bottle Vanilla Ensure® Enlive®, chilled
1 16-oz pkg chopped frozen spinach, thawed
1 9-oz pkg frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
2 8-oz pkgs of 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
¼ tsp salt
½ C finely grated Parmesan cheese
¼ C plain bread crumbs
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp freshly ground black peppers
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F
- Lightly mist a shallow, ovenproof dish with nonstick vegetable oil spray.
- Place spinach in microwave-safe container. Microwave the spinach on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Allow spinach to cool for several minutes.
- Place cooled spinach in several layers of paper towels or a clean cotton towel and squeeze out the water.
- Transfer spinach to a cutting board and chop finely.
- Place the artichokes on several layers of paper towels or a clean cotton towel and squeeze out the water.
- Transfer artichoke pieces to a cutting board and chop coarsely.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, salt, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, vinegar, garlic powder, and pepper, and mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly pour in Ensure Enlive Shake.
- Add spinach and artichokes and fold in by hand.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared pan, cover with parchment paper and then a piece of aluminum foil, and bake for 40 minutes. To save a frozen portion before baking, see the instructions below.
- Serve warm with toasted pita chips or raw vegetables, such as zucchini sticks, red pepper strips (cut 1 ½ inches wide), and broccoli.
- Prepare the dip, following steps 1 through 11 as noted above. Do not bake before freezing.
- Divide the dip into desired portions (we recommend ½ cups) and freeze in airtight containers.
- To bake and serve, defrost the dip overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place the defrosted portion in a baking dish and bake for 17 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees (or until warm and bubbly).