Nourishment | Do you know if you’re well-nourished? | Ensure®
You may think you eat a pretty healthy diet. You choose grilled chicken over fried, you try to have a few veggies each day, and you turn down dessert—sometimes. But can you be sure you’re fully nourished, that your body is getting all the nutrients, protein, and minerals for your long-term health?
Nourishment isn’t just about your weight. In fact, being underweight OR overweight are both signs your body isn’t getting exactly what it needs. So, what can you do?
To make sure your diet is optimal for long-term health, ask yourself these questions:
• Is your body mass index (BMI) between 18.5 and 24.9? Not sure? Ask your doctor at your next visit or find a BMI calculator online.
• Do you primarily choose nutrient-dense foods that are low in calories, fat, and sugar but high in fiber and nutrients?
• Do you eat less than 18 ounces of red meat a week?
• Do you limit processed meats, such as ham and hot dogs, to only special occasions?
• Do you cover two-thirds of your plate with vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and beans?
• Do you eat at least five daily servings of fruits and veggies?
If you answered “yes” to all of the above questions, you’re definitely on the right track! If not, start adding at least one of the habits above to your daily routine. Then you’ll feel better with the peace of mind that you’re eating well for your health.