Chicken Tortilla Soup
Makes 8, 1 C serving
1 8-fl-oz bottle chilled Vanilla Ensure® Enlive®
1 C chopped onion
1 C fresh or frozen corn
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 C chopped zucchini
½ C chopped red pepper
1 10-oz can green enchilada sauce (1 ½ cups)
1 4.5 oz can chopped chilies
3 C reduced-sodium chicken stock
3 C cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded
1 ½ C crushed baked tortilla chips
Fresh, chopped cilantro
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add a tablespoons water, onion, corn, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Spoon the mixture into the bowl of a food processor.
- Carefully blend the mixture.
- Return the puree to the pot.
- Add the zucchini, red pepper, enchilada sauce, chilies, chicken stock, and chicken.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the Ensure Enlive and continue to heat soup until it is very hot.
- Do not allow the soup to boil.
- Serve each portion of soup with a sprinkle of crushed tortilla chips and a sprinkling of cilantro.